28 January 2013

Goals For The Year Ahead

I know it's a bit late in January to be talking about New Year's Resolutions, but I'm not a big believer in New Year's Resolutions anyway. Looking through rose coloured glasses at the possibilities of a New Year, you're bound to come up with some impossible list of things you want to do or achieve during the rest of your year. New Year's Resolutions are made to be broken. So I don't do that.

Instead, I wrote myself a wish list, or 'To Do' list of sewing-related-things I'd like to do this year when I have time between doing work for other people. It's a work in progress that I am adding to and crossing off the list as I go. I have things on the list such as:
  • make storage boxes from bridal bags,
  • make carry bags from bridal bags,
  • finish my advent calendar,
  • make the kids Santa sacks
I've made a start on some of these things, and have recently added a few more things to the list, like:
  • buy books on draping and bias cut sewing (and use them of course),
  • catalogue my fabric stash and use / cull as much as possible
Over the coming year I will share more with you about how I am going against my goals, and of course some other things that I'll be doing this year.

Stay tuned for more of my obsessions!


No comments:

Post a Comment