25 May 2014

Fabric-a-brac 2014

I first heard about fabric-a-brac last year, but unfortunately couldn't make it. This year, I only found out a week before it was on, and although I already had a few things on that day, I was determined to get there.

This annual event brings together those with too much fabric in their stash, and those wanting more. I used to think I was in the former category, but since linking up with women from around the world in a bid to reduce our stash, I've realised that I don't have that much fabric at all.

Two kids in tow, fresh from their swimming lessons, I set off to Fabric-A-Brac, with just enough time before I had to get home to take the older one to a birthday party.


It was held in a local primary school, under the shelter of their undercover basketball court.


I bought a few bits and pieces, I had a wish list of things that I'm on the lookout for, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything that fit the bill of what I needed.



There were a couple of sewing machines for sale, but this one caught my eye. An electric Singer 201, with a stack of accessories. Apart from being a little heavy to carry home with me though, I think I'm running out of room, so I passed! 


At least I achieved one of my goals for the day: I filled up my bag with stuff.


In total, I only spent $35. My haul is

4m of black embroidered denim (it was a bargain - I couldn't resist)
1.8m of blue and white stripe rayon / viscose
1.2m of navy / beige floral rayon
1m of black powernet
1.5m of yellow printed jersey knit
and a hem marker!



I'd best get sewing if I'm to meet my stashbusting pledge for the year. This isn't the only fabric I've bought this year, it's just the first that I've blogged about buying!


No comments:

Post a Comment