8 May 2015

Stashbusting Sewalong May 2015: Lingerie resources on the net


Don't have any lingerie patterns lying about, and not wanting to spend any money on new patterns? I've done some research for you, and have found some free resources for you to download, and some sewalongs too!

Various Lingerie Sewalongs, Tutorials and Patterns

Bra making sewalong from Cloth Habit
I love this sewalong. I read it through a couple of times before I made my first bra, and it totally demystified the bra making process for me. I still refer to it on occasion when I need to brush up on something.

Watson sewalong from Cloth Habit
While talking about how awesome Amy is, she released a pattern for a wire-less bra pattern, and has done a sewalong for it on her blog. Amongst the bra sewalong is a post on sewing up the matching undies. The same construction applies to any undies patterns with a front, back and gussett.

Bra Making Tutorials from Madalynne
Some really useful tidbits on bra making and important information to keep in mind when doing pattern alterations. Includes a tutorial on how to convert a full band to partial band bra pattern, and vice versa. I read this a few times before I attempted to do a partial band!

Bra making tutorials by Sigrid

French Knickers sewalong from VeraVenus - link to Day 1 of the sewalong
(Pattern link below)

Slip Tutorial from Sewaholic
Simple instructions included to make your own pattern for a half slip

Bias Cut Camisole from Weekend Designer
Tutorial, including instructions to make your own pattern from your measurements

Slip pattern from VeraVenus (full slip)
Also has a pattern for french knickers, and 50's style big knickers

50's petticoat from Burdastyle
If you aren't already a member, you'll have to sign up to access this, but you can sign in using facebook.

Panty making tutorial from Very Purple Person


Free Undies patterns

Rosy Ladyshorts from Cloth Habit
Pattern and tutorial

T-Shirt undies from Indigorchild
Pattern and tutorial

Amerson undies from Madalynne

Madeleine bloomers from Colette Patterns

Undies and camisole/vest from 'So, Zo'



If you didn't catch the third issue of "Seamwork" from Colette Patterns back in February, it's all about lingerie. Have a read!


Disclaimer:
I do not guarantee the quality or accuracy of these patterns. I haven't used all of these patterns, or tried all of these links. Where possible I have included some extra information for you. Please feel free to comment below with your favourite free lingerie pattern or great sewalong. If you have anything to add regarding the links I have provided, please comment also and I will update the post where applicable.


No comments:

Post a Comment